In this tutorial, I’m gonna show you how to set up Wireless ad hoc network in Windows 7 ultimate and Windows 7 basic home and other versions. In Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 also you can find this Wireless option where as they were somewhat different from Windows 7 Operating System. So, if you wanna know it how, then follow this simple and easy guide.
Actually Wireless ad hoc networks are helpful for connecting two PCs for sharing files or playing multi-player games as well as to share Internet connection. It’s a temporary connection and you can connectify whenever you want. You can put security to your network or you can leave it open to anyone. Password can be put to a specific network and users has to know that password in order to enter into that network. So, let’s go to create wifi connection in Windows.
Set Up Wireless Ad Hoc Network In Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1
To set up this connection, you know what to do firstly. You need to open your Windows laptop and then perform the procedure that I say. I’ll mention each and every note with a image.
- You may also read: Showbox Android App For PC
Make sure your WiFi is turned on while doing this and then go through this.
- Go to Network icon in the Taskbar which will be at the right bottom corner.
- Click on Network and Sharing Center.
- In that window, tap the first one that is Set up a new connection or network.
- Then you’ll have a window in front of you having five options. Among them, chose the second one from bottom that is Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network.
- Click on “Next” and you’ll come to Give a name to your network and select security options available.
- Provide a name and click on the drop-down menu of Security type, if you don’t want a password to the network, then chose No Authentication (Open) and continue by tapping “Next”.
- That’s it, your WiFi network is ready with no password! Check out below how to put security to the network.
- Users of Windows 8, 8.1 can set up Wireless network using command prompt, to do that, you can check this.
How To Set Password For WiFi Ad Hoc Internet Connection On Windows 7
If you want to set a password for your network, then see the one step cited below.
- In the same step that is entering a name and selecting privacy, tap Security Type drop down menu and select WPA-2 Personal and enter a secret password to the connection.
- The option “Hide Characters” is to just hide the password that you’re typing. If you uncheck it, you can see the password what you’ve typed.
- “Save this network” is for saving network even after you restart your PC. If you don’t select it, you’ll not see that network after restarting your system. It’s up to you to select it or not.
- That is it, provide password and take care about those two options and create network.
How To Connect To WiFi or Wireless Network Windows 8/8.1
When somebody set up any WiFi connection, you can easily connect to that by just going to the Internet symbol. You’ve to have the WiFi to be “ON” and there you can see all networks. Simply access to that and use it properly.
This is be the end of my post, hope you find it quite easy to create and access WiFi on your Windows 7 and Windows 8 or Win 8.1. If you’ve any queries, please do post them in the comments. I’ll try to resolve them and share this tutorial if you feel it something useful.