Sometimes it will be so annoying that your Windows softwares get updated automatically without your permission. Of course, updating the softwares frequently in your Windows operating System is needed but not regularly. This may cause disturbance to you when you have less Internet data or after the updating is over, when you restart your PC, it won’t open quickly. It takes time to install all updates properly in your laptop. (Check: How To Bypass Login Screen In Windows 8.1, 7, 8)
In this tutorial I’m gonna show you how to disable or turn off automatic updates in Windows 8.1, Windows 7 or Windows 8. So, in order to do that, you no need to download any software to your PC. Just perform few steps as I shown here in this post in the PC of yours and get succeed with this issue. After knowing this procedure, you’ll feel it quite easy. You will not search for it again and again, you’ll execute this procedure on your own. So, let’s move to know disabling automatic updating on Windows 8.1/7/8.
How To Turn Off Automatic Update In Windows 8.1 & Windows 8/7
Here I need to show you the phenomena for three different Windows OS. So, I’ll go one by one in order to make you understand easily without any confusion. I would wish to take up the Windows 7 OS first and then move onto the remaining two platforms.
This method works on all Operating systems of Windows 7 like Ultimate, Basic home etc. make sure you’re running Win 7 and go through the steps cited beneath.
- Foremost, open your computer or laptop and go to Start menu option.
- In the search bar, type “Turn automatic updating on or off“. You can see a control panel program right at the top, click on it.
- In that window, you’ll see “Important updates”. Just tap on the below drop down menu.
- You can observe four choices there, one is installing updates automatically, second is it’ll download the updates but it’s your choice to install them.
- Third one is, just check for the updates and don’t do anything, it’s up to you whether you wanna download and install them or not. Fourth option is, it’ll never check for any updates.
- So, select the option except the first and second one. It’s better to go with third one because you’ll come to know at least the important updates. If you don’t wanna get anything, then go with last one.
- It’s better if you deselect the first two options also, those are “Recommended updates” and “Who can install updates“.
- Last two which are Microsoft and Software updates are important to you. Just keep them as selected.
- Now click OK and that’s it. You’ve now stopped the automatic updating process in your Windows 7 versions.
Now it’s time for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 users. This contains 2 simple steps, just do like this.
- Go to Control Panel >> System & Security in Windows 8/8.1.
- In system and security settings, you’ll see option to turn automatic update off and on. Just go in there.
- Now chose the option whatever you like, that’s it.
Here are some of the useful articles that I’ve got for you.
- Showbox App Download for Android
- WhatsApp Download For PC/laptop
- Movie Box for PC and Moviebox app on Android
- Psiphon for PC and Android
That’s all for this session. Hope you found it assistive and simple to do the automatic update on and off in your Windows 8, Windows 8.1/7 OS. Kindly share this post with your family and friends on the social networks. Bring your queries to us by throwing them in the comments.